Staying up to date with developments in DeFi and the broader crypto ecosystem is difficult, but essential for us to manage our treasury effectively. Rather than rely upon a best-guesses approach, we should leverage our treasury resources to approach our research systematically and deliberately.
I propose that we hire unicorndroppingz (aka Unicorn) to design and direct a research program for the Treasury Guild.
Unicorn has demonstrated his expertise in this area and currently works for FreeRossDAO in a similar capacity. We have had Unicorn present to the Treasury Guild before and it is my opinion that Unicorn is extremely qualified for this position.
The general sentiment of the treasury guild seems to support this conclusion:
Rather than pay several people full time to provide research for the DAO, it makes more sense to have a part-time director help us leverage the personnel resources we already have (many active treasury guild members) by directing them to research certain areas.
The Director of Research will be responsible for organizing a research program that will address our immediate and long term goals, specifically and in order of importance:
- Treasury diversification according to the plan put forth by CouchPusher’s and maintained by the Treasury Guild.
- Ensuring liquidity needs are met for the T token and all other tokens that support the Threshold ecosystem (tBTC, thUSD, etc.).
- Investing treasury assets, fostering growth in the Threshold ecosystem, and achieving a (positive) cash flow generating portfolio in excess of inflation.
The director’s position will involve:
- Creating and maintaining a list of topics to actively research that the treasury guild members will be assigned to provide reports on.
- This list should include directed questions wherever possible to help maximize results.
- Wherever not possible, a general “exploration” tag should be applied.
- Aggregating results and presenting reports on a monthly basis to a community-wide call.
- Maintaining a list of their own hours for compensation.
- Creating plans for execution and treasury management, specifically relating to diversification of the treasury as well as payback of the treasury’s loan.
Rate: A rate of $300 per hour paid in T, which is comparable to what FreeRoss DAO is paying Unicorn. Source.
Time: 5 hr per week
Calculated: Price is marked to the price of T every Friday according to CoinGecko and paid out every 4 weeks.
Hours should not exceed an average of 5 hrs per week in any given 4 week period but may be lumped together in a given 4 week period.
This equates $1500 per week for 5 hours a week.
We will re-evaluate this contract 3 months from when it is provided
ex: If it is agreed on April 20th, it will be reevaluated on July 20th)
The treasury guild will be responsible for:
- Evaluating progress and performance
- Pursuing research initiatives
- Issuing payments
For efficiency and accountability, we should have two volunteers from the Treasury Guild to serve as the primary owners for this task.
The Director of Research will be responsible for:
- Communicating plan to diversify DAO via DCA or other methodologies in first month
- Direct research efforts via a systematic method
- Keeping track of and reporting hours
- Attending weekly treasury guild calls and providing inputs / any updates
- Sharing findings and research with community once a month
If there are no objections, I propose we move this vote to snapshot by the end of week - Friday April 15th, 2022.