GP-014 Threshold Marketing Guild Nominations Election 2022

Marketing Guild nominations are now open. In accordance with the newly adopted rules, any DAO member can be nominated for an upcoming guild committee seat, including self-nominations. A person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.

Marketing Guild
The Threshold Marketing Guild is responsible for general Threshold marketing across services, growing our network of contributors, onboarding new members to the Threshold DAO, educating people about the Thresholdā€™s value, services and use cases, and more.

6 Likes

I would like to enter myself as a candidate for a marketing guild committee seat. I am a current member of the marketing guild committee, a member of the joint rules committee, and frequent contributor. By education, I hold a BS in computer science in an MS in education design and technology; I am also a registered parliamentarian. In addition to my current work with Threshold, I am a grant recipient and current contributor to dYdX.

My main areas of competencyā€”which I believe can serve the marketing guild committeeā€”are my skillsets in developing educational material and my experience with governance and management to improve the operational effectiveness the DAO and guilds. I have a philosophical commitment to the principles and objectives of the Threshold DAO and feel that I can remain an effective and engaged contributing member of the committee. I am committed to being regularly available for all meetings, acting in a spirit of good faith and cooperation, meeting my commitments and deadlines, and signing any needed transaction on a timely basis.

17 Likes

You are a huge asset to the committee and community, Geoff! Iā€™ve learned a lot from you already and weā€™re fortunate to have your skills. @Nous

11 Likes

I would like to participate as a candidate for a new term within the marketing guild committee. As a current member of the marketing guild committee and an active contributor within the Threshold Network for an year now, I am ready to serve for the next mandate with the growth of the DAO at heart.
In addition to my duties within the DAO, outside the network I work as a content editor/sound engineer; managing business pages on various social media platforms; NFT projects.

My skillset and competencies that I bring for the network fall under creative direction, content creation and innovative social media growth. Some of my experience amassed so far within the marketing guild revolved around design and helping to edify the content branding and image of Threshold. I believe that I have a strong grasp around the objectives and marketing needs for the next term and remain engaged during my time serving the marketing guild in cooperation with the other committee members. My flexible work schedule allowing me to meet any deadlines and commit to signing with no tangible delays.

11 Likes

I would like to nominate myself as a candidate for the Marketing Guild Committee.

I originally joined the Threshold Community through my participation in the KEEP Network and was notified of The Network merger prior to the DAO launch. I joined the Discord community as an Original 500, Marketing Guild Community member, invited to join the Thresholderā€™s Channel, and have been an active participant in weekly calls and Forum discussions .

My contributions include attending ETH Denver 2022 as a Community Member participant, assisting with in-person marketing events ($T Booth), invited to present our DAO during the conference opening presentation, and most recently interviewed for the ā€œMeet the DAOā€ Series. I am a frequent contributor to the Forum, take part in Snapshot Voting as a token holder, and actively contribute to Twitter marketing posts and threads.

My educational background includes a BS in Interior Design, Masters of Science in Design, Lighting Designer, I am past Faculty Associate, College Instructor, and Certified K-12 Teacher. My Professional background includes NCIDQ Certification (interior Design) LEED Associate (Sustainability). My Blockchain experience includes: participant and Playing For Keeps Award Winner, Graph Protocol Testnet Curator, currently serving as a Moderator for Tally Ho Network, Token Engineering Commons Graviton Training (Blockchain Conflict Resolution), Skyline DAO Cohort 1, vast experience and participation with NFT Project communities.

I believe my experience as a professional designer will serve the Marketing Committee, I have strong background in research, writing, preparing (remote and in person) visual presentations, general public speaking, and professional project marketing. My work as a lighting designer and product sales representative will allow me to confidently represent the Threshold Network in a variety of marketing scenarios. My experience as an educator allows me to confidently navigate the structure of a DAO and its intricacies. I strive to provide clear understanding to even the most complex concepts and subject matter, benefitting the Committee as we advance The Network and its many project building opportunities.

I am committed to attending weekly Guild Meetings, Community Calls, and the requirements set forth by the Committee Chair and DAO. I am also committed to the values of Web 3 supporting individuals right to privacy and a greater commitment to Public Good. I hope that I may apply my experience and abilities to the Marketing Guild Committee and advance The Network as our community and project continues to grow.

13 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for a seat on the MG committee in the upcoming term.

I have been a member of the community since late 2020, beginning with NuCypher.

In the time that has passed since then, I have worked as a Moderator on the Threshold, NuCypher, and Keep Reddits, as well as for the official forum, and the discord server.

I am a current member of the Marketing Guild Committee and have focused on driving growth and education around Threshold by:

• Evangelizing while attending events.
  • Sourcing leads via products such as Layer3.
  • Contributing to the planning and development of educational content.
  • Contributing to the production of the Newsletter.
  • Coordinating and executing social media events such as Twitter Spaces and Discord calls with other web3 companies and projects.
  • Management of guild accounting/guild treasurer.
  • Upkeep and management of guild Notion.

In particular, I have devoted a substantial portion of my time to researching, contacting, and scheduling meetings between potential product adopters (primarily for PRE) and NuCypher.

I am also a top-5 delegate for the DAO, entrusted with using my voting power and experience to serve the best interests of the DAO and its current and future products.

I operate a personal Node, as well as one on behalf of the MGC, and am very familiar with the setup, management, and operation of Threshold Nodes.

I believe that I would be an ideal member of the MG Committee because:

• I have a proven track record of continuous quality contributions to the guild and its mission.
  • I am familiar with the mission of the MG, and the current goals and campaigns of the MG, because I helped to form them.
  • I have a passion, and talent, for networking and relationship-building, and know how and when to utilize these relationships for the benefit of the DAO.
  • I am a hard-working, driven, persistent individual, and I bleed Threshold Purple.
11 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for a seat on the Marketing Guild Committee.

I have been a member of the community since early 2021, starting my journey with NuCypher. After learning about the merger I was excited to start contributing to the DAO by creating content to help spread the news about it and the launch of the Threshold Network.

I am a current member of the Marketing Guild Committee and have focused on driving growth and education around Threshold by:

• Creating content - Poaps, Flyers, reusable assets, artwork promoting Threshold, multiple ā€˜hypeā€™ videos, 3D designs, and Educational content
  • Attending weekly calls and events
  • Contributing to the production of the Newsletter
  • Moderating Twitter
  • Recording events when needed
  • Contributing to the Networks design ethos
  • Contributing to Guild Accounting

In addition, I have also dedicated extra time to:

• Being available to any community members if they need help or have a question,
  • Joining extra work groups
  • Creating extra content,
  • Reaching out to other MG Committee members on a frequent basis to see if they need help with anything.

I believe I would make an ideal member of the MGC because I have a proven track record of providing quality content and designs in a timely manner, as well as my other contributions. I am also very familiar with the mission, goals, campaigns, and requirements having helped create them. I am always willing to help others with any task, and have a flexible schedule to accommodate different times. I have enjoyed every aspect of being a member currently, and I am excited and committed to continuing to help the Network and community grow.

10 Likes

I strongly support Benjaminā€™s (@ZeroInFo56) nomination! He has been an integral member of the committee and has enthusiastically embraced Thresholdā€™s mission and his role on the committee - leading a diverse set of initiatives, from creating and maintaining a PRE node for the guild, to maintaining our multi-signature wallet and initiating transactions, contributing to each issue of the newsletter, as well as spearheading outreach efforts like Threshold Embassy.

I also endorse @Jessi for a continued role on the committee, as she brings not only design expertise but a range of support, including regularly contributing to the newsletter and other content, and volunteering to help out where itā€™s needed most.

@Liz_S and @Carusosa have been key members of the committee, providing not only their design and community expertise but also a critical link to the Keep and NuCypher dev teams, respectively. While it would be great to see both of them continue on the committee, Liz has advised that with @Hagan joining the Keep marketing team, he would be a natural fit to continue as the Keep representative. Weā€™ve already started working with Hagan, so Iā€™d like to formally nominate him, as well as Ryan (@Carusosa)! (And Liz, you know weā€™ll be calling on you for your input and to continue educating us on your work with the Threshold brand and product.)

Iā€™ve enjoyed getting to know @nico186 (including in our informative and wide-ranging ā€œMeet the DAOā€ interview) and think his extensive experience in education and other areas, plus his passion for Threshold and Web3, would be great assets to the committee.

And what would the committee and Marketing Guild be without @MrsNuBooty? Not only our communityā€™s marketing activity lead long before there was a guild (or even Threshold), but a tireless contributor and enthusiastic voice - truly the heart of our guild. Ashley has remained at the center of the guildā€™s activities, as well as coordination with other guilds and stakeholders. Her contributions are too numerous for me to list (but many will be featured in the upcoming guild retrospective Iā€™m drafting now), so I hope that Ash finds time to post and share anything else sheā€™d like known about her nomination!

13 Likes

Thank you @JohnPackel for the nomination. I accept the nomination and look forward to potentially continuing to serve the TMG on behalf of NuCypher

13 Likes

@JohnPackel Greatly appreciate the nomination and the opportunity to potentially serve on the TMG on behalf of Keep.

14 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @JohnPackel ! And Iā€™ll be happy to provide input where ever needed. I also nominate you for a role on the MG! Your work on the newsletter has been :chefskiss: and you have been an active and integral part advising and contributing to the MG these past months.

I also +1 the nomination for @Hagan for Keep, and endorse @Carusosa for NuCypher. I endorse @Weedzy and look forward to more animations, GIFs, and design content from him for the MG. I endorse @ZeroInFo56 nomination as well, and I think he has been an integral part of organizing MG and making sure the MG is staying on track.

I also strongly endorse @MrsNuBooty to continue on the MG. Some of her extensive contributions include (but are not limited to) crafting clever social media content, staying on top of MG meetings & hosting the T party as well as attending meetings of other guilds, collaborating with partnerships (the FAQ bot for one) for the DAO, and coming up with new ideas and ways to improve what the MG is doing & should be doing.

I strongly endorse @Nous nomination, and I think his background in parliamentary procedure has brought structure and efficiency to the MG and DAO processes. He also has created excellent video content and continues to do so. He has been an awesome resource for the MG and we are lucky to have him!

12 Likes

@JohnPackel, thank you for the kind words and, more importantly, for your immense dedication to the Marketing Guild Committee. John has been an irreplaceable leader, mentor, and contributor to the MGC, even before any of it was formalized. John helped me to organize an early contributor campaign and made himself available as an advisor. In November of 2021, John helped me kick-start the MG and helped drive early community growth and participation. Through Johnā€™s early support, and the Keep Network providing early funding for the guild contributors, we found valuable talent hiding within our community, and this helped establish our very talented first-term committee. I would like to second Lizā€™s nomination of John for a second term on the committee. Iā€™m not sure weā€™ll ever deliver another edition of Threshold Time without him. His commitment and cat herding skills are impressive!

The participation of team members in the MGC has been extremely helpful in better aligning our DAO. @Carusosa and Liz bestowed valuable insights into team activities, were helpful with copywriting, made collaboration with the team a smooth process, and provided their time and talent to help lay the foundation of the MG. I would like to encourage Ryanā€™s continued participation and am happy to see @Hagan has accepted his nomination. I hope to see that both be elected. @Liz_S, thank you for everything, and I look forward to your continued participation with the MG.

I would also like to express my support for @ZeroInFo56, who handles many of the administrative tasks, contributes to the Threshold Time, operates the MGā€™s node, leads the Threshold Embassy (whose primary focus is currently on PRE adoption), and much more. From a Reddit moderator to a wrangler of partnerships and adoption, Iā€™m here for it!

I would like to express my support and appreciation for @Nous, as his skillset and background have served the MG very well. Nousā€™ educational videos, rules committee participation, collaborative writing skills, and familiarity with parliamentary procedure are invaluable.

@Jessi has been a warm, welcoming, and positive face for the community. She is actively contributing to the Threshold Time, design tasks, amplification of community messages on social media and is great at picking up the odds and ends. I would like her to be elected again and hope that we can find a way to put her undeniable artistic talent to better use.

@nico186 has been an active participant in the community since before I arrived and was one of the first people to make me feel welcome and valued within the community. I believe his kind and friendly demeanor really illuminates to the community and world who we are as an organization. Nico was a candidate for an inaugural seat on the initial committee but opted out in favor of others since he had limited time available to contribute. With Nico now having the time available to contribute, I am a strong proponent and hope to see him leading live interactive and educational lessons for the DAO. Iā€™ve heard he is friendly, calm, passionate and has teaching experience.

I would also like to encourage anyone who might be lurking in the MG to come forward and self-nominate. We are always eager to see new faces!

Lastly, I would like to accept John and Lizā€™s very flattering nominations and run for a seat on the Marketing Guild Committee. I want to take this opportunity to brag about everything I have achieved with yallā€™s help, but to save you the rest of your day, Iā€™ll end with my commitment to the DAO instead. I will continue to serve as a voice for the community, advocate for Threshold in every way possible, and do my best to always be available to anyone who ever needs a private chat. I will raise questions, advocate, organize, rally, explore, engage, and communicate with the Threshold community and beyond! :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Great post, Ash, and I echo this sentiment: ā€œencourage anyone who might be lurking in the MG to come forward and self-nominateā€.

I also hope that people who run but arenā€™t elected for this session will continue to participate in MG activities, as thatā€™s how all of us committee members started. And we have budget for compensating work that needs to be done, so thereā€™s no better time than now to increase your involvement!

9 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m writing to nominate myself as a potential Marketing Guild Committee Member. While I am a relative newcomer to Threshold, and while I have not as of yet become deeply involved in the DAO, I am looking for opportunities to do so. I have over 15 years of experience as a content marketing professional, customer education manager, and technical copywriter. I am confident I would be an asset and hopefully have some unique skills to bring to the committee. For one thing, I would be happy to help manage any short or long-form writing projects currently in the works.

I am currently working with Beau and Nous on a 3-part blog project for Threshold, and have worked with Nous on Several projects outside of Threshold; Iā€™m sure he would be willing to speak to his experience working with me, as well as my eagerness to contribute to Threshold. I am confident I can commit to the role and would be grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the guild.

11 Likes

I would like to support all our nominates @Nous @Weedzy @nico186 @ZeroInFo56 @Jessi @Carusosa @Hagan @JohnPackel @MrsNuBooty @LastThings and congratulate the founding marketing guild members for completing the very first term as DAO committee members.

You are the face and voice of the DAO, your role here is much much needed. You work hard, and (T-)party for hours! Good luck to all nominates in the elections!!

8 Likes

ALOHA!!
First, I would like to support the nominations for @ZeroInFo56
I was very Impressed with how Ben conducted himself at ETHNYC. I was serving as an independent production hand for ETH Global and my interaction with all Threshold reps was extremely positive. When working hard on set up and tear down its always encouraging when Sponsors show gratitude and good vibes my way, it really brightens my own vibe to work hard so everyone at the Hackathon can have a productive and pleasant time.

Ben was the key factor in making it possible for me to sing ā€œTodo es Possibleā€ and back up the legendary Justin Holmes on the low end at ETH BCN. On a personal level I canā€™t express enough gratitude as its such a blast to play with Justin and being around him makes me a better musician and human. Iā€™m constantly curious and inspired by his perspective and knowledge of the Blockchain. I want to learn more about Threshold as its been a great journey since meeting Justin and this community.

Secondly, I would like to support the nominations for @MrsNuBooty
Friendly, attentive, motivating and acceptive of new members to the community Iā€™ve been very impressed with how Ashley has treated me as a very new member of this community. She has given great insight and direction to further my education on the T FAM through her engaging conversations on Discord. Her stage presence is phenomenal as she is a bold MC for Threshold digital spaces and stages. She would easily evolve into a panelist moderator at big conferences and already gives the MG T Party a fantastic podcast feel.

Lastly, I would like to nominate myself
SHAKA LEI KAUMAKA
Aloha:) My docs name is Jordan, but you can call me Shaka. I love making new friends, sharing about the cool new things Iā€™m learning {ie everything about $T, $ETH, etc} and taking action to build and encourage communities.
Those actions include but arenā€™t limited to

• Volunteering at events
  • Willing to learn new things and skills
  • Open Sourced Art from the Heart
  • Jamming w/ friends
  • Teaching
  • Creating in many forms
  • Performing
  • Public Speaking
  • Looping in the background of all night hackathons.
  • Idea sharing
  • Relating NFTs to Impactful giving
  • IRL marketing
  • IRL content recording
  • With more discipline and education I want to be a stronger force in the digital world. I like twitter spaces, discord, and the prefer the idea of putting content first in decentralized storage and on the blockchain.
  • Greeting everybody in the community and making everyone feel important.
  • I like to give as a layer 1 to receiving.
  • Serving and uplifting is how I approach contributing and leading.
  • Putting others first is my form of personally decentralizing myself.
  • Being apart of the T community would be exTremely exciTing:)))

MAHALO BRUDDAS AND SISTAS, with NOM or no NOM ALL T members are welcome in my OHANA!!!
-SHAKA

7 Likes

I would like to nominate myself, @the_egg. I have a background split between business management/Linux systems administration. I believe I would be able to apply those skills to help organize and streamline the marketing guilds acquisition of new members into roles such as staking, development, and outreach.

I make a point to attend nearly every Threshold related meeting already and would like to believe I have had a positive impact on procedure and organization. I believe a potential seat on the Marketing Guild would enable me to have an even greater positive impact.

If elected, I would like to take time and review all metrics from our SEO, Twitter, YouTube, Landing pages, etc and see if we can find patterns that will help us increase the effectiveness of our outreach efforts. I believe we have a solid community and would love to help introduce more people to the Threshold family.

8 Likes

Just had encore hang with @the_egg after the Tparty!!! Super humble and cool dude, he has been vocal and present in every Discord stage Ive been in. Has my respect and positive opinion he should be chosen before me if a seat is open!!

SHAKA!!

5 Likes

I have worked with @LastThings on a number of projects and can highly recommend him. I also think it would be great to have some writing talent on the marketing guild committee.

6 Likes

Sorry, I didnā€™t realize I needed formally accept my nomination here (by @Liz_S and seconded by @MrsNuBooty above). I certainly do accept (and thank you) and look forward to sharing my thoughts on the candidates ā€œmeet and greetā€ meeting!

5 Likes