Threshold Marketing Guild Nominations Election 2022

Marketing Guild nominations are now open. In accordance with the newly adopted rules, any DAO member can be nominated for an upcoming guild committee seat, including self-nominations. A person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.

Marketing Guild
The Threshold Marketing Guild is responsible for general Threshold marketing across services, growing our network of contributors, onboarding new members to the Threshold DAO, educating people about the Threshold’s value, services and use cases, and more.

4 Likes

I would like to enter myself as a candidate for a marketing guild committee seat. I am a current member of the marketing guild committee, a member of the joint rules committee, and frequent contributor. By education, I hold a BS in computer science in an MS in education design and technology; I am also a registered parliamentarian. In addition to my current work with Threshold, I am a grant recipient and current contributor to dYdX.

My main areas of competency—which I believe can serve the marketing guild committee—are my skillsets in developing educational material and my experience with governance and management to improve the operational effectiveness the DAO and guilds. I have a philosophical commitment to the principles and objectives of the Threshold DAO and feel that I can remain an effective and engaged contributing member of the committee. I am committed to being regularly available for all meetings, acting in a spirit of good faith and cooperation, meeting my commitments and deadlines, and signing any needed transaction on a timely basis.

11 Likes

You are a huge asset to the committee and community, Geoff! I’ve learned a lot from you already and we’re fortunate to have your skills. @Nous

7 Likes

I would like to participate as a candidate for a new term within the marketing guild committee. As a current member of the marketing guild committee and an active contributor within the Threshold Network for an year now, I am ready to serve for the next mandate with the growth of the DAO at heart.
In addition to my duties within the DAO, outside the network I work as a content editor/sound engineer; managing business pages on various social media platforms; NFT projects.

My skillset and competencies that I bring for the network fall under creative direction, content creation and innovative social media growth. Some of my experience amassed so far within the marketing guild revolved around design and helping to edify the content branding and image of Threshold. I believe that I have a strong grasp around the objectives and marketing needs for the next term and remain engaged during my time serving the marketing guild in cooperation with the other committee members. My flexible work schedule allowing me to meet any deadlines and commit to signing with no tangible delays.

6 Likes

I would like to nominate myself as a candidate for the Marketing Guild Committee.

I originally joined the Threshold Community through my participation in the KEEP Network and was notified of The Network merger prior to the DAO launch. I joined the Discord community as an Original 500, Marketing Guild Community member, invited to join the Thresholder’s Channel, and have been an active participant in weekly calls and Forum discussions .

My contributions include attending ETH Denver 2022 as a Community Member participant, assisting with in-person marketing events ($T Booth), invited to present our DAO during the conference opening presentation, and most recently interviewed for the “Meet the DAO” Series. I am a frequent contributor to the Forum, take part in Snapshot Voting as a token holder, and actively contribute to Twitter marketing posts and threads.

My educational background includes a BS in Interior Design, Masters of Science in Design, Lighting Designer, I am past Faculty Associate, College Instructor, and Certified K-12 Teacher. My Professional background includes NCIDQ Certification (interior Design) LEED Associate (Sustainability). My Blockchain experience includes: participant and Playing For Keeps Award Winner, Graph Protocol Testnet Curator, currently serving as a Moderator for Tally Ho Network, Token Engineering Commons Graviton Training (Blockchain Conflict Resolution), Skyline DAO Cohort 1, vast experience and participation with NFT Project communities.

I believe my experience as a professional designer will serve the Marketing Committee, I have strong background in research, writing, preparing (remote and in person) visual presentations, general public speaking, and professional project marketing. My work as a lighting designer and product sales representative will allow me to confidently represent the Threshold Network in a variety of marketing scenarios. My experience as an educator allows me to confidently navigate the structure of a DAO and its intricacies. I strive to provide clear understanding to even the most complex concepts and subject matter, benefitting the Committee as we advance The Network and its many project building opportunities.

I am committed to attending weekly Guild Meetings, Community Calls, and the requirements set forth by the Committee Chair and DAO. I am also committed to the values of Web 3 supporting individuals right to privacy and a greater commitment to Public Good. I hope that I may apply my experience and abilities to the Marketing Guild Committee and advance The Network as our community and project continues to grow.

8 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for a seat on the MG committee in the upcoming term.

I have been a member of the community since late 2020, beginning with NuCypher.

In the time that has passed since then, I have worked as a Moderator on the Threshold, NuCypher, and Keep Reddits, as well as for the official forum, and the discord server.

I am a current member of the Marketing Guild Committee and have focused on driving growth and education around Threshold by:

• Evangelizing while attending events.
  • Sourcing leads via products such as Layer3.
  • Contributing to the planning and development of educational content.
  • Contributing to the production of the Newsletter.
  • Coordinating and executing social media events such as Twitter Spaces and Discord calls with other web3 companies and projects.
  • Management of guild accounting/guild treasurer.
  • Upkeep and management of guild Notion.

In particular, I have devoted a substantial portion of my time to researching, contacting, and scheduling meetings between potential product adopters (primarily for PRE) and NuCypher.

I am also a top-5 delegate for the DAO, entrusted with using my voting power and experience to serve the best interests of the DAO and its current and future products.

I operate a personal Node, as well as one on behalf of the MGC, and am very familiar with the setup, management, and operation of Threshold Nodes.

I believe that I would be an ideal member of the MG Committee because:

• I have a proven track record of continuous quality contributions to the guild and its mission.
  • I am familiar with the mission of the MG, and the current goals and campaigns of the MG, because I helped to form them.
  • I have a passion, and talent, for networking and relationship-building, and know how and when to utilize these relationships for the benefit of the DAO.
  • I am a hard-working, driven, persistent individual, and I bleed Threshold Purple.
5 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for a seat on the Marketing Guild Committee.

I have been a member of the community since early 2021, starting my journey with NuCypher. After learning about the merger I was excited to start contributing to the DAO by creating content to help spread the news about it and the launch of the Threshold Network.

I am a current member of the Marketing Guild Committee and have focused on driving growth and education around Threshold by:

• Creating content - Poaps, Flyers, reusable assets, artwork promoting Threshold, multiple ‘hype’ videos, 3D designs, and Educational content
  • Attending weekly calls and events
  • Contributing to the production of the Newsletter
  • Moderating Twitter
  • Recording events when needed
  • Contributing to the Networks design ethos
  • Contributing to Guild Accounting

In addition, I have also dedicated extra time to:

• Being available to any community members if they need help or have a question,
  • Joining extra work groups
  • Creating extra content,
  • Reaching out to other MG Committee members on a frequent basis to see if they need help with anything.

I believe I would make an ideal member of the MGC because I have a proven track record of providing quality content and designs in a timely manner, as well as my other contributions. I am also very familiar with the mission, goals, campaigns, and requirements having helped create them. I am always willing to help others with any task, and have a flexible schedule to accommodate different times. I have enjoyed every aspect of being a member currently, and I am excited and committed to continuing to help the Network and community grow.

5 Likes