TIP-001 Threshold Network DAO Proposal v1

One thing that I really would like to stress is that we start with a relatively low quorum requirement. There can be a significant difference between expected and engaged participants, and if we set it too high without properly attaining a baseline of participation, passing proposals could become difficult. Although delegation is intended to address the issue of voter turnout, it’s not a guaranteed fix.

Another tool that could be used to address this is the idea of governance amplifiers - delegating KEEP organizational token weight to engaged community members. Discussed in the governance amplifiers thread

Although these may help, there really is no substitute for finding the baseline engagement with $T and working to set reasonable quorum parameters once we have that. Setting the initial quorum to ~1% for the first proposals would be my preference. Although that seems absurdly low, going higher than that poses a risk to the process (IMO). If there are regular high turnouts, the parameter can be reconsidered.

I was able to join a recent Gitcoin DAO call, and found out that they too forked the GovernorBravo contracts, and also have delegation. They mentioned that they may have issues with the ability to pass proposals given the current quorum parameters. Their quorum parameters are set to 1% threshold to propose, and 2.5% quorum. - Source

3 Likes