TIP 50: Contractor role for a DAO Marketing Lead

I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to all those who invested their time and effort in drafting and sponsoring this proposal, as well as to the community members who have shown their support for it and raised insightful questions.

I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the past two years of my contribution to this decentralized work, which has been both enriching and educational. It is an unparalleled experience where there is no conventional boss or leader, but rather a community of diverse voices and ideas. I appreciate all the individuals who are contributing in any way possible to the DAO, regardless of their level of experience or background.

I am confident that my diverse skill set will continue to strengthen our community’s participation, facilitate better alignment of all Threshold contributor groups, and help our products and community continue to grow and thrive.

One of the primary challenges faced by the Marketing Guild Committee has been the difficulty in moving initiatives forward, as voluntary ownership has proven to be ineffective. What has worked is the ability to collaboratively make budget-related decisions in a thoughtful manner. Consistent participation has been lacking, but I’m hopeful that the new structure we aligned on and the DAO ratified in TIP-49 will accommodate members’ varying bandwidth constraints and prove far more efficient.

As we’ve all seen in major challenges like the confusion that users, journalists and investors express over the incomplete Threshold/Keep/NuCypher branding, the effort it took to update exchanges and token listing sites with tBTC v2 name and logo and we now need to undertake to update 3-year old info that only mentions Keep, the tremendous work it takes to grow our Crypto Twitter presence with the right messaging - now expanded to include alignment with
partners like Wormhole and the others to follow - the DAO needs a fully committed and able marketing lead with the time and passion to continue driving these multiple workstreams and more.

Understanding and agreeing with the need for clear deliverables and metrics with which to both prioritize this role and measure my effectiveness, John and I have outlined a 6-month plan for the role here. It’s meant to be a living document, and we look forward to ongoing discussion with the Keep, NuCypher and thUSD teams, as well as Marketing Guild Committee, on the priorities.

Note that I intend to be accountable for these deliverables; at the same time, many of them require significant collaboration with those teams, as well as the other guilds. If this role is approved, I remain one of multiple people doing the work and helping achieve consensus on strategy, priorities and work flow.

Looking forward to moving TIP-50 to Snapshot in the next day or two so we all have clarity on this portion of the execution restructure that TIP-49’s ratification called for and these important workstreams can continue.

8 Likes