TIP 50: Contractor role for a DAO Marketing Lead

Thank you, @JohnPackel, for taking the time and expending the effort to draft and publish this proposal (as well as TIP-49)

After spending a year+ as an elected member of the Marketing Guild Committee, I would like to offer my perspective and thoughts on this proposal.

Over the past 14 months, the DAO has spent ~$200,000 in compensation for the marketing guild, for an estimated 2560 hours¹ - a rate of ~$78
/hr.
Beyond that, the MG has spent an additional ~$30k over the course of these 14 months to compensate those members of the committee who were working substantially in excess of the average 8 hours/week expectation the DAO set for committee members at the time.

This proposal is for a 6-month period, and could easily be renegotiated upon completion, should either party feel that the compensation was not suitable for the level and quantity of work completed, or results achieved.

I strongly support this proposal.

Ashley has worked tirelessly, relentlessly, and passionately throughout all of this, and I believe she is capable of handling the responsibilities and expectations laid out in this proposal, as well as any others that may present themselves over the duration of the contract.

If the work was paid out at the same rate that the DAO laid out for the committees at their inception, we are talking about a difference of $4953.6 over the course of the 6-month contract. (Not to mention the historic inflation much of the world has been enduring the past 2 years - a quick calculation shows that the rate of $85 is more or less at parity with the original rate of $78.12)

I believe that Ashley will provide substantial value to the DAO and I have no doubt that her results will be more than satisfactory, so I have no qualms with the rate of $85 that is being requested, especially given the countless hours she has selflessly spent working for free.

It is important to take a cautious approach and to be prudent with our treasury, but sometimes I cannot help but wonder what we may have missed out on as a DAO with the time we have spent squabbling over pennies when work could have been underway all this time.

¹ If you want clarification on this estimation I would be glad to provide it.

4 Likes