TIP 52: Contractor role for DAO Growth Coordinator

I strongly support both the creation of this role and @sap as the choice to execute it. There are a number of reasons to support this, but I’ll also note that it’s a very good signal of Threshold’s increasing alignment that @blockchainbri fully supports it (obviously it’s really important that the new role works in conjunction with Brian’s).

Sap has been a very strong contributor to Threshold, and I’ve worked closely with him on the Treasury Guild since November. We’re fortunate that highly capable contributors like him are willing and able to step up with additional time and expertise. Thanks for outlining so clearly the need and your approach, sap.

One point I’d like to raise for discussion is the offer to waive compensation for committee work with TG and IG. I presume the rationale is that the expanded hours will cover both the ongoing committee work, as well as the expanded responsibilities outlined, which makes sense. However, I see a benefit to the DAO continuing to compensate TG committee members for their/our expertise and important oversight role, and combining the hours spent on committee and expanded role could make it more difficult to maintain clarity for tracking budget as well as roles/responsibilities. Particularly if/when we have more of these expanded roles (and I know of at least one more being prepared for DAO consideration).

John

7 Likes