GP-012 Threshold Treasury Guild Nominations Election 2022

Treasury Guild nominations are now open. In accordance with the newly adopted rules, any DAO member can be nominated for an upcoming guild committee seat, including self-nominations. A person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.

Treasury Guild
The Threshold Treasury Guild is responsible for effectively managing the Threshold DAO treasury. This includes growing Protocol Owned Liquidity (POL), researching / implementing best practice treasury management strategies, executing ecosystem liquidity incentives, diversifying the treasury, etc.

2 Likes

Hey I’m East,

I want to nominate myself for a new term with the TG committee.

As I said in my other nomination I would love to continue with my contributions in this incredible DAO which has an amazing mix of unique talents, high tech and huge potential.

Treasury Guild has targeted goals around the treasury management, Protocol Owned Liquidity and diversification. Building new forms of liquidity incentives, coming up with alternative diversification paths and ensuring a healthy treasury are all objectives we’ve been working on with the TG team and still have a lot to improve and learn.

About myself

I helped out shaping the current IG and TG, setting up goals and priorities and working hard.
I’m deeply involved with Keep / Threshold since Jun20. It’s been a really exciting journey so far where I’ve learned a lot and made a whole world of new friends. Let’s keep on !

Personally I love to do research, discuss ideas, build consensus, plan and then execute.
In real life I enjoy to travel, play guitar and spend time with family and friends, while keeping busy being a partner and board-member in a couple of businesses.

13 Likes

Hi Lake here :wave:

I’d like to nominate myself for the Treasury Guild Committee. While I am often a quite contributor, I’ve been heavily involved these past few months in the TG activities and am very aware of what needs to get done to achieve our goals of (1) diversification, (2) liquidity, and (3) reporting.

I would be honored to be re-elected and continue to help in a formal capacity. I strongly believe that I can continue to provide value to the DAO through my efforts with the treasury.

About myself:
I have worked at and with multiple crypto funds in several capacities with focuses including:

• Market making
  • Market analysis
  • Reporting and accounting
  • Yield farming
  • Risk analysis
12 Likes

Hey Threshold friends,

I’m David, I’m part of the NuCypher team and I’ve been also a member of the first Treasury Guild Committee. During these months I’ve helped mainly with the smart contract perspective of our Treasury Management activities, by helping the TG committee and the Council to create and debug transactions that were more complex. Beyond that, I recognize that I haven’t had many contributions to the committee, although I’ve learned a lot and I think I can be more valuable going forward.

The two main areas that I’d like to contribute in the Treasury Guild during the next months are:

• Simplification of treasury management activities with smart contract automation
  • Reporting and accounting of staking rewards

I’d love to continue helping the Treasury Guild as a member of the committee. Having said that, I encourage other community members that may have more treasury management experience or that feel capable to lead initiatives to participate in the guild and in these elections (we need you!)

In any case, regardless of the results of this election, I will continue to be involved in the Treasury Guild and help with the areas above. Finally, I’d like to note that I waive any potential compensation if I’m elected.

12 Likes

I would like to nominate @Vict0r for a seat on the Treasury Guild Committee.
We’ve been working together in the IG for a couple of months now. He has deep technical knowledge about all things Threshold, he works hard and is very committed. On top of that he is a CPA and works in the finance industry. Would be a great fit for the TG !

11 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Derek, and part of the NuCypher team. I am currently a member of the Treasury Guild Committee and would like to continue my role there.

Thus far, I have been actively participating in achieving our DAO’s goals for protocol-owned liquidity and incentives, loan repayments, and treasury diversification.

An additional area of focus I would like to facilitate is the transitioning of some/most of the operational activities around liquidity pools and incentives currently performed by the Threshold Council (of which I am a member) to the Treasury Guild.

I am excited to continue to work with the Treasury Guild, learn and provide meaningful contributions whether or not I get elected. If elected, I will continue to waive any compensation as part of the Treasury Guild Committee.

12 Likes

I second the nominations for:
@Eastban
@LakeLaogai
@davidnunez
@derek

All of the above have been incredibly valuable in helping the DAO establish a framework and a gameplan for managing the treasury.

I also want to specifically second the nomination for @Vict0r . I have worked with Victor on the rules committee and he’s proven to be extremely competent and responsible. He has a strong financial background and would be a great addition to the committee.

9 Likes

Very exciting to see this caliber of talent and commitment for our Treasury! Thank you, all.

8 Likes

Thank you @Eastban for the nomination to the Treasury Guild Committee. I would like to formally accept my nomination.

Thank you @jakelynch for the kind words, and supporting my nomination.

Most of my contributions to Threshold, and NuCypher prior, have been technical in nature, such as written technical documentation to aid others in spinning up their own nodes. I currently serve on the Integrations Guild Committee and the Rules Committee. Outside of Threshold, I have several years of financial auditing experience, particularly audits of governmental entities such as cities and school districts.

If given the opportunity, I would like to contribute to financial reporting and analytics tasks as needed by the Treasury Committee and the DAO as a whole.

9 Likes

I nominate @ben and this post needs to be 20 characters.

9 Likes

I would like to support all our nominates @Eastban, @LakeLaogai, @davidnunez, @derek, @Vict0r, @ben, and congratulate the founding treasury guild members for completing the very first term as DAO committee members.

Founding the structure for the DAO guilds is always challenging, but doing so through a bear market has much more merit to it. The TG plays a critical role for our DAO, and we appreciate your continuous support.

Good luck to all nominates in the elections!!

6 Likes

I endorse all of the previously announced candidates more so than myself, but I believe we need some additional members to run for the current number of signers. I am happy to act as a treasury guild member. I have a solid level of experience with traditional finance, but I would defer to the group for more technical aspects of treasury management. However, I can act as a responsible representative and timely signer—and a meeting facilitator as needed.

6 Likes

I fully support @Nous as a new addition to the treasury guild.

4 Likes

Thanks @jakelynch and @Luna5

I would like to accept and continue to contribute to the Treasury Guild.

In my first term on the treasury guild I have

• Completed technical review for the mStable treasury swap
  • Participated in the treasury swap discussions with Saddle
  • Built an initial model for the treasury budget
  • Built a budget summary presentation
  • Authored several of the treasury proposals
  • Did technical evaluation of running a bond program.
  • Tracked the performance of the POL in T - ETH pool.
  • Participated in facilitating the Treasury OTC swap.
  • Evaluated Paladin, Votium and bribe.crv for providing incentives on the curve pools.
  • Evaluated several tools for doing OTC swaps with a gnosis safe.
6 Likes

I would like to endorse @Nous, I believe he would be an excellent asset to the Committee.

I would also like to nominate @maclane for a seat on the Treasury Guild Committee.

3 Likes

I am also willing to be a signer, and so I nominate myself for a seat on the committee, and I would waive any compensation for this seat.

With that said, I make no claims to have the same experience that many/all of the other candidates have in the areas of work fulfilled by the TG. I will however attend all meetings and sign without delay.

4 Likes

Thank you for the nomination.

I respectfully decline as I prefer to keep my existing relationship with the TG as a contributor :pray:

6 Likes

After discussion with many prominent members of the DAO during today’s meet-and-greet, I have decided to withdraw my nomination, as there is likely no need for additional committee members since the number of seats can be reduced.

4 Likes

The election process has been initiated on snapshot

@Jessi in the Marketing Guild created this helpful video from the August 12th nominee “meet and greet” session, including screen shots from this page.

4 Likes