GP-013 Threshold Integrations Guild Nominations Election 2022

Integrations Guild nominations are now open. In accordance with the newly adopted rules, any DAO member can be nominated for an upcoming guild committee seat, including self-nominations. A person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.

Integrations Guild
The core mission of the Threshold Integrations Guild is to build successful, synergistic and long-lasting relationships with other protocols, DAOs and external organizations.

5 Likes

Hey I’m East,

I want to nominate myself for a new term with the IG committee.
Threshold DAO has an incredible mix of unique talents, high tech and huge potential which makes us one of the most interesting projects in the whole space. I would love to continue with my contributions here.

Activities on integrations started back in Jan21 when we formed an Evangelists group in Keep Network. Later with Threshold DAO launch our current IG was built. I think that our IG team has learned a lot about organizing ourselves and also executing. We still have a lot to accomplish though.

About myself
I helped out shaping the current IG and TG, setting up goals and priorities and working hard as committee member. I’m deeply involved with both Keep and Threshold since Jun20 and run nodes in Keep Network since then and now on Threshold.

Personally I love to do research, discuss ideas, build consensus, plan and then execute.
In real life I’m a boardmember and partner in a couple of businesses. I enjoy to travel, play guitar and spend time with family and friends.

Peace.

12 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for another term serving on the Integrations Guild Committee. After joining the IG several months ago, I have enjoyed contributing to the IG and the Threshold DAO. I am a financial information professional and hold respective certifications, including a fraud credential. I am seeking reelection to continue to contribute to the Guild and help shape the IG’s path.

I have been involved with NuCypher from the beginning of Worklock in late 2020. I wrote and published the first guide to installing and running NuCypher on a VPS. What started as a brief pdf document turned into a web-based guide providing step by step instructions on how to setup a node. After the merge with KEEP, I rewrote the document to work for Threshold PRE. I enjoy problem solving and helping fellow Threshold community members. In addition, I recently began serving the DAO in an official Threshold Tech Support capacity.

12 Likes

First of all I’d like to endorse the nominations of @Eastban and @Vict0r. They’re great and valuable assets to the IG and DAO, and hope they’re elected for a next term.

I’d also like to nominate myself for a next IG committee term.

We’re entering an important time with the upcoming tBTC v2 launch, and all the Guilds can be an important factor in its success. I’d love to be a part of that through the IG committee.

About me
I’ve been a community member of Keep Network / Threshold Network since June 2020. Have been active in the Keep Evangelist program as well as the Threshold DAO early days and founding of the IG.

Outside of Threshold I’m active in the Tally Ho community, with among others, focus on Integrations. I think the skills and network that I’ve build up here will be of value to the IGs goals

What I hope to bring on the table for the IG in the 2nd half of the year

• Network
  • Sprint & Task based management
  • Creativity
  • Stimulating contributions through bounty / grants based work and/or retroactive rewards
12 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for a seat on the IG committee in the upcoming term.

I have been a member of the community since late 2020, beginning with NuCypher.

In the time that has passed since then, I have worked as a Moderator on the Threshold, NuCypher, and Keep Reddits, as well as for the official forum, and the discord server.

I am a current member of the Marketing Guild Committee and have focused on driving growth and education around Threshold by:

• Evangelizing while attending events.
  • Sourcing leads via products such as Layer3.
  • Contributing to the planning and development of educational content.
  • Contributing to the production of the Newsletter.
  • Coordinating and executing social media events such as Twitter Spaces and Discord calls with other web3 companies and projects.
  • Management of guild accounting/guild treasurer.
  • Upkeep and management of guild Notion.

In particular, I have devoted a substantial portion of my time to researching, contacting, and scheduling meetings between potential product adopters (primarily for PRE) and NuCypher.

I am also a top-5 delegate for the DAO, entrusted with using my voting power and experience to serve the best interests of the DAO and its current and future products.

I operate a personal Node, as well as one on behalf of the MGC, and am very familiar with the setup, management, and operation of Threshold Nodes.

I believe that I would be an ideal member of the IG Committee because:

• I work professionally as an IT Engineer.
  • I have been a frequent attendee of the IG calls and will be able to get up to speed and hit the ground running in a very short time.
  • I have a passion, and talent, for networking and relationship-building, and know how and when to utilize these relationships for the benefit of the DAO.
  • I am a hard-working, driven, persistent individual, and I will bring snax.
10 Likes

Snax ftw, @ZeroInFo56!

While I have yet to have time to attend other guilds’ calls and keep up with their activities better (soon!), I know @Eastban, @Vict0r, @Naxsun and @ZeroInFo56 to all be highly valuable members of the Threshold community with long and active histories going back to the Keep and NuCypher days.

Very excited that such talent is committed to serving on the IG committee!

8 Likes

In addition to my interactions with East here in the Threshold Community I have had the pleasure of working with him as a moderator in the Tally Ho community. I strongly support this nomination.

6 Likes

Naxsun has been instrumental in the guild operations of the Threshold DAO, I strongly support his nomination. I have worked closely with him in the Tally Ho Community, where he and East lead an incredible community call each week in Discord. He is highly organized, dedicated to the values of Web 3, and loves Dogs.

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Juan Carlos. I am writing to nominate myself as member of IG committee.

I am a newcomer and I have been following the Threshold forum in the shadows for some months now. I believe in the project and I do think that I can be of help for its development.

The reason why I do think I can help the team is because I am a communication-worker. I work as a translator. I have been in the translation industry since year 2001. During this time I have been involved in many projects and translated millions of words for big IT & localization customers (Microsoft, Oracle or Google, for instance) among many other clients. Back in 2001 I started working in a Spanish translation company. During my career, I have successfully worked as translator, junior project manager, senior project manager and office manager. Therefore, besides translation, I also have skills in team and project management. In 2011 I decided to continue my career as freelancer and now I am the owner of my time and I have the freedom to work in whichever project I believe in. Threshold is one of them.

My work is all about building bridges between people and helping them communicate.

This is what I can offer to the team:

• Translation & L10N from English, French, Italian and Portuguese into Spanish.
  • Translation management services for other language combinations: I do not speak Chinese, Japanese or Korean, but I do have the experience and
    the knowledge to search and find resources able to provide those services, as well as coordinate their work (should the need arise).
  • Knowledge of Computer Assisted Translation tools (not to be confused with machine translation) that can streamline the translation process.
  • Marketing tasks like reviewing of content, face to face contact with potential clients or collaborators.

These are only some of my strengths. Apart from this, I consider myself a quick learner (as a translator, I am constantly investigating and documenting about tons of subjects in order to produce quality translations) and a very open-minded person (I consider this a direct consequence of investigating and acquiring knowledges in so many different fields).

Last but not least, I would like to emphasize on the fact that in spite of working alone as a freelancer, I consider myself a good team player. That is because as freelancer I usually have to coordinate my work with other translators and project managers.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Carlos

9 Likes

Hello all!

I would like to support the IG nominates for this next term. I believe the Integrations Guild has a great potential, and it will be a group of great importance in the coming months.

I would like to endorse the nominations from @Vict0r @Eastban @Naxsun and @ZeroInFo56, I have had the pleasure to work with you all, and you are great and valuable professionals.

I would also like to support the nomination of @JCELENA, I have got to know him and he is a hard-working person and great professional.

Good luck nominates!!

7 Likes

I would like to nominate myself, @the_egg. I have a background split between business management/Linux systems administration. I believe I would be able to apply those skills to help the Integrations Guild build relationships with other organizations within the crypto sphere.

I make a point to attend nearly every Threshold related meeting already, and I would like to believe that my feedback has spawned quality conversations. In seeking a seat on the Integrations Guild, I feel like I would be able to use my business skills to help identify issues that the community was experiencing and assist in coordinating solutions. Those solutions could be technical such as helping @Vict0r reduce the overhead of onboarding new stakers, data driven such as helping to evaluate different dashboards and the value they deliver, or interpersonal such as organizing partnerships with other DAOs.

If elected, I would like to start working on evaluating/expanding partnerships. I believe that teamwork and partnerships with the rest of the industry will enable Threshold to build a strong foundation of utility. I believe my experience will help to identify and foster those opportunities.

9 Likes

I strongly endorse @MrsNuBooty as a candidate for the Integrations Guild. She has been instrumental in the ongoing outreach among Twitter, Telegram, and Discord platforms and evangelizing the Threshold network and DAO.
Hardly a day (or portion thereof) goes by with out seeing one of her comments or posts. Her outreach is highly “synergistic” by way of contacting other DAO’s and Web3 projects with similar use-cases, and on a regular basis. I have fond her consistent approach in seeking shared values among new communities to be incredibly successful. It is one thing to “shill” a project, but Ashley really strives to make deeper connections, that are sustained over time. It is for these reasons I would like to nominate her.

4 Likes

I would like to nominate Will as a candidate for the upcoming Integration Guild Election. I first came to know Will through Discord as an early participant in the KEEP Network and the Playing for Keeps Bounty. He was enthusiastic, energetic, and very committed to the project and its participants.

I later had the pleasure of meeting Will in person at Eth Denver 2022. He worked tirelessly at the Threshold Booth helping to make new connections and representing the DAO and Network. The building was packed, bathrooms kaput, and a line around the block, to get in. Will was one of the last people to leave at the end of the day!

I think Will would make an excellent addition to the Integrations Guild!

4 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: So many great candidates for the next IG committee!

I would like to start off by showing my unwavering support for some of our existing IG members. I hope to see @Eastban @Naxsun and @Vict0r continue their roles in the IG, as I believe they are all essential members and we wouldn’t be ready for the tBTC launch without them.

I am excited to see @ZeroInFo56 as a candidate and know he would be a valuable team player. Ben is currently leading the Threshold Embassy program, which focuses on building meaningful relationships with other protocols and DAOs. He is already actively contributing to PRE adoption, and I would like him to play a role in securing tBTC and thUSD integrations alongside the IG.

It is very fulfilling to witness more and more of our community members step-forward and show interest in contributing to the DAO. @JCELENA thank you for expressing interest in a IGC seat. It looks like you will be a valuable contributor to multiple guilds and can help Threshold to gain a better presence worldwide. I look forward to your involvement with the IG and invite you to also check out the Marketing Guild.

@the_egg has been a valuable asset in the MG, sharing his knowledge and offering creative ideas, feedback and more to help the MG achieve our OKRs. I believe the egg would also be a valuable addition to the IGC and look forward to his continued participation in all of the guilds.

I would like to accept @nico186’s nomination and be considered for a seat on the IG. I have been an
active participant in the IG and know I have the skillset to secure integrations and adoption of Threshold’s services and contribute to all IG objectives. I plan to contribute to the IG’s mission, whether elected or not.

Lastly, I would like to put forth Nico for a seat on the IG. I believe @nico186’s background in education and his experience with other DAOs and project management would be a valuable addition to the IG. It is for these reasons that I nominate Nico for a seat on the IGC, to continue building meaningful relationships and start securing integrations for Threshold.

I am looking forward to elections and the new committee taking office soon! I believe we have a lot of great candidates and know we are going to achieve our goals together.

4 Likes

I would like to accept MrsNuBooty’s nomination for Integrations Guild. I agree with the IG’s mission statement, and look forward to bringing my experience and contribution to the Guild if elected. If not elected I still plan on attending meetings and being a valuable asset to the community by advancing the Threshold DAO and Network.

5 Likes

I nominate @arj for a seat on the Integrations Guild Committee.

Arj is working actively n the NuCypher end of Threshold to promote PRE adoption, discover use cases, etc and his insight and dedication would be well-met at the IG

6 Likes

Thanks @nico186. If it isn’t too late, I accept this nomination! We have a solid list of nominees here and I’m very excited for Threshold DAO season 2.

3 Likes

The election process has been initiated on snapshot

1 Like

Marketing Guild Committee member @Jessi created this helpful video from the August 12th nominee “meet and greet” session, including screen shots from this page.

3 Likes

Elections closed August 23td, 2022.
Results available in the Threshold Proposal Database, code GP-013.

Committee members elected and their terms length available in Notion.

3 Likes