Threshold DAO Delegates

Welcome to the Threshold DAO delegate thread!

This is the hub to nominate yourself to become a Threshold DAO delegate or to find quality Threshold DAO contributors to delegate your vote weight to :pray:

As always if you have any q’s hop into the Threshold discord server.

Reply to this forum post with the following information to get started as a Threshold DAO delegate:

Discord Name:

Delegate ETH Address:

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate:

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Threshold DAO and / or other web3 qualifications:

Additional Links (optional):

Check out the rest of this post for more information on Threshold DAO delegates :point_down:

What is a Threshold delegate?

A Threshold delegate is a DAO member who aligns strongly with the mission of the Threshold Network to leverage cryptographic tools that ensure full control of users’ digital assets.

Delegates provide ETH addresses that other Threshold token holders and Threshold stakers can delegate their vote weight to. This never involves the transferring or custody of assets but rather just the vote weight those assets represent in the Threshold DAO. Furthermore, vote weight can be redelegated at any time.

Delegates are responsible for voting on Threshold governance proposals with this vote weight that others have assigned to them.

Why do delegates exist?

Delegates exist because not everyone is able to fully commit to following Threshold governance and spending enough time considering every single DAO proposal. Allowing DAO members to delegate means they can still have an indirect say in the DAO, without having to be involved with day-to-day governance. Instead, they select active DAO members who have demonstrated solid commitment to Threshold to make decisions with their token weight and stake weight for them.

What do delegates do?

Delegates are volunteers who actively participate in Threshold governance and wish to grow their influence over key decisions in both the Threshold Token Holder DAO and the Threshold Staker DAO.

Delegates are expected to actively participate in all Threshold governance proposals while ensuring to make well researched and informed decisions.

Essentially, becoming a delegate means that other people are trusting your ability to make great on-chain decisions for the entire network.

Time commitment?

Voting on proposals is easy. Taking time to participate in governance discussion and ensure a proper understanding of what each proposal means… not as much.

Becoming a delegate does not require a hard time commitment to the DAO. For reference, so far there have been around 21 Threshold Improvement Proposals. The amount of time required is directly correlated to the amount of proposals that go through our on-chain governance system.

Compensation?

Delegates are volunteers, and there’s no established compensation for their contribution to governance.

If you are interested in earning T to help build the Threshold network check out our DAO guilds under the #daocontribute channel in our Discord server.

Who should be a delegate?

Anyone who understands the commitment to the DAO a delegate is making, is excited about Threshold governance and wants to directly grow their influence on the future of the network. This can be existing Threshold DAO contributors or members of other web3 communities.

To delegate liquid token vote weight, follow this guide from our DAO’s Notion hub.

To delegate staked token vote weight, follow this guide from our DAO’s Notion hub.

6 Likes

Discord Name: rskl#1210

Delegate ETH Address: 0xF9102e3B05eB6f26c300DF9e21BdD3f3B40D329B

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: Want to help and work in great project with coolest team.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree

Member of Synclab.team
Magic Ape School - Owner, founder
Tally - Moderator
Gro - Moderator
Pyth Data - Moderator
Overlay - Contributor
Iron Fish - Moderator
Hedgehog Markets - Ambassador
Mina Protocol - Winner of community challenge
Covalent - Ambassador
and more ambassador roles in other projects.

• GitHub: legalov · GitHub
  • Twitter : @btctalker
  • Discord : rskl#1210
  • Medium - @rskl.btc
    can’t add more than two links ;c
10 Likes

Discord Name: MrsNuBooty#0350

Delegate ETH Address: mrsnu.eth
0x4f1eFe177057DB679A7Cbe1cf92aCf2aD5B7aA74

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: I have a strong commitment to the Threshold DAO and community. I started bridging the NuCypher and Keep Network communities in April of 2021 and have been a driving force of all community led initiatives. I currently lead the Threshold Marketing Guild and am an inaugural member of the Threshold Marketing Guild Committee.

While I am still learning more every day and might not be capable of forming the right conclusion independently, I have an acute ability to hear others and ask the right questions to make informed and educated decisions for the network. I am not afraid to send my favorite community members a line asking them to explain something to me like I’m 5. The great part is that our community is filled with people that will take the time out of their day to help others learn and grow.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

Threshold DAO and other web3 qualifications:

Member of the Threshold Marketing Guild Committee
A leader of the Threshold Marketing Guild
A contributor to the Threshold Integrations Guild
An observer of the Threshold Treasury Guild
A TallyHo Corgi Pack Leader & Moderator

A few contributions I have made to the Threshold DAO:

Created various art for promoting Threshold
Staking Art Announcement
Twitter Launch Announcement
Twitter Launch Announcement v2
First 100 Threshold Wallets POAP
Celebrating Twitter Growth

Hosted various Threshold events:
The weekly T Party has been going on for 25 weeks now.
Creaton AMA
NuLink AMA

Written various content:
Merger update
Blog addressing inflation being halted

My all time fav governance conversation
Binance Learn & Earn 2.0 Funding

14 Likes

Wow, awesome submissions so far! So exciting to see our DAO continue to take shape and lead into the Web3 future.

6 Likes

Discord Name: ZeroInFo56#0404

Delegate ETH Address: 0x956a3999F4b9F9E4E46B96418121D4871082552A

I believe in the mission of Threshold and constantly direct my efforts to align with the goals/needs of the DAO. I am a dedicated contributor with the desire to see the DAO continue to grow and flourish, and the passion to make that happen. I do not take decisions lightly, and you can be assured that I will consider every proposal with the utmost care and attention before voting.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree

Threshold DAO and other web3 qualifications:

Member of the Threshold Marketing Guild Committee
Moderator for Nucypher/Threshold since 02/2021

11 Likes

Discord Name: CouchPusher#2296

Delegate ETH Address: 0x8AA5B801FCF6d9b40eC7B8EAA4364aD26916760F

I’ve been an active member in both the integrations and treasury guilds for the Threshold DAO. I have a great working relationship with the entire team and I continue to love working on building out this protocol with the Threshold community. I was a legacy Nucypher node staker starting in 2020 and am excited to help the DAO buidl with the rest of the team.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: AGREE
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: AGREE

Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Committee member
Threshold DAO Integrations Guild Committee member

Twitter handle: @CouchPusherino

9 Likes

Discord Name: East#8544

Delegate ETH Address: 0x78270a2733b83f7f57c4a51ff2a73e301c2f9406

I’ve been around and really active since before Defi Summer '20, first in Keep Community and now in Threshold Community. I love being part of the evolution of cryptographic tools applied to decentralization and individual privacy protection. And I consider that appropriate decision-making is as important as continuous collaboration in other areas.

Definitely thrilled to cooperate in Threshold DAO becoming the leading example of healthy and flourishing decentralized organizations.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: AGREE
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: AGREE

• Threshold DAO elected Council Member
  • Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Committee member
  • Threshold DAO Integrations Guild Committee member
  • Moderator in Keep and Threshold Discord
  • Keep PfK winner
  • Extensive list of marketing and governance contributions

Other Stuff

• Tally Ho Moderator, Integrations & DAO design collaborator, Delegate and Multisig member
  • Defi researcher, awesome asado maker and slow Solidity learner

@eastban120 on twitter

9 Likes

Discord Name: JP#4256

Delegate ETH Address: 0x37255A49755B3A2b17aFc52ADa0383e36e12f1e0

My personal views on privacy and desire for a decentralized financial future are aligned with the Threshold Network. I am a fan of the approach of ensuring that each tool is a thoughtful “beautiful machine” as opposed to rushing to catch a wave of quick price increases. I’ve been following crypto tools since 2017 and focused most of my attention on Nucypher and now Threshold since Q2 of 2021.

Excited to grow with the Threshold DAO to become an industry leader in privacy and financial decentralization.

I confirm that:

• Threshold DAO Marketing Guild Committee member
  • Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Committee member
  • Threshold DAO Integrations Guild Committee member
  • Active contributor on Discord
  • Active PRE/RB/tBTC Node operator and staker. Have ran a node since Q2 2021 with Nucypher
  • Run NFT projects for a professional football team
7 Likes

Discord Name: beemeeupnow#0342

Delegate ETH Address: 0xa05b26f366035f4a797c12cbc23b87633f353337 (beemeeupnow.eth)

I believe that technologies enabling trustless or trust-minimized actions are important for our future.
Additionally, the need for privacy technologies will never go away.
Supporting and growing Threshold is important.

I confirm that:

• Threshold DAO Marketing Guild Committee member
  • Active contributor on Discord
  • Active in the Tally Ho and SporkDAO communities
7 Likes

Thanks for stepping up, @JP1 and @beemeeupnow!

@ZeroInFo56 (a Threshold OG, member of 2 guilds and delegate with a lot of vote weight) has noted that it would be great to have enough delegates that none has more than 5%.

Who else is interested in being a delegate? I’m considering it, but at the moment not to get over-extended given my Marketing and Treasury guild commitments.

3 Likes

Discord Name: Nico186# 5010

Delegate ETH Address: 0x640cC25c296b1Cc636b1f711F1c9652eC11C4630

I am an active member of the Threshold Discord and Twitter Communities, T -holder, avid project enthusiast, and currently hold an elected to position to the Marketing Guild. I would like to continue my contributions and participation by self-nominating to the Threshold Council.

I originally learned of the Threshold Network as a member of the KEEP Community and participated in the historic on-chain merger and DAO Formation. This involvement has taught me great deal about the project and community, the long term product vision, and shared web3 values of the community, and I am very interested in joining the Threshold Council.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

I originally joined the KEEP Project as a test nest participant, learning about node operation, decentralization, and the day to day operations of onboarding and (digital) community management.

I was elected to the Marketing Guild in the Fall of 2022 and continue to serve and contribute to the DAO. My primary role is to host and coordinate Voice Calls, organize campaigns, and participating in Eth Denver.

I additionally work as a Moderator, host, and Sheppard (community onboarding) for the Tally Ho Wallet. We have built our community from a mere 200 to over 70,000 members. I host a weekly call and manage discord.

I have personally been involved in crypto since 2018 when I began following Etherium, early NFT projects, and learning about smart contracts. I feel that these qualifications, alongside my professional practice experience will lend themselves to my continuing contributions to the DAO.

8 Likes

Discord Name: oleole#4423

Delegate ETH Address: 0xC120Ab7977BdDa3b57F191DBF41A1Af7DA794bAa

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: It has been more than two years since I operated a node for the Nucypher worklock and now for the Threshold network. I have always believed in the project’s prospects and future, holding tokens and participating in governance. The only weakness was in the Chinese community’s content and marketing, and my English is only at the level of written communication, so I was not able to deeply participate in the contribution to the DAO. After this suggestion from @MrsNuBooty on Twitter, I also realized that I might be able to take this opportunity to start from self-nomination and voting to represent, and more deeply participate in the contribution to the Threshold network. As we all know, China is a huge market, and there are countless people in the Chinese region who believe in the future of web3 and are like-minded, which can also allow friends in the Chinese community like me who are not very proficient in English and want to learn more about T to communicate and pay attention to the progress of the project, and expand consensus.

I confirm that: I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree)
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree)

Threshold DAO and / or other web3 qualifications: I entered the blockchain/web3 field in 2017. I have operated a Nucypher node and have been an active PRE/tBTC node staker. I worked as an operation manager for Odaily, one of the top three blockchain industry media in China, for more than three years.

Additional Links (optional): @oleolezx

5 Likes

Discord Name: sap#2181

Delegate ETH Address: 0xcE3778528fC73D46685069D455bbCcE16A6e22Af

As an active member of the Threshold community, I represent an ethical and engaged node in our decentralized governance. I am aligned to Threshold’s longterm mission, and believe in the essential services that the protocol offers to the decentralized ecosystem.

My roles on the Threshold Council and Treasury Guild require me to be up to date on all governance proposals and current initiatives, so my voting as a delegate will be informed and duly considered.

I confirm that:

Threshold Council Member
Threshold Treasury Guild Member
Threshold Discord Moderator
Threshold tBTC Guardian

6 Likes

Discord Name: john_packel#7451

Delegate ETH Address: 0x72063b0b19999F6f267BE9e66d95496385fc03E9

I am confident my experience with Threshold and beyond can be beneficial to people who may not have as much time to devote to following the myriad opportunities and questions facing this project now and in our exciting future.

I identify with Jake’s statement above regarding committing blood, sweat and tears to Threshold. As you see listed below, I’ve been involved with Keep for nearly 6 years and Threshold since inception. I significantly increased my activities starting in October 2022, and since mid-November I’ve spent 30-40 hours a week between roles on the Marketing and Treasury Guild committees, as well as on other DAO-wide activities (I’m currently compensated as a guild member and for up to 22 additional hours/week spent on a temporary role leading multiple Marketing Guild workstreams).

I commit to voting on every issue, as well as posting my reasoning on this forum, so anyone considering delegating can determine how well my views reflect theirs. I also welcome dialog here, in Discord and on twitter (including direct message).

I confirm that:

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for any payment in tokens: Agree

• Advisor to Keep Project since 2017
  • Active and significant staker in tBTC v1 from inception
  • Contributed to initial guild structure & helped found Threshold’s Marketing Guild in early 2022
  • Served on inaugural Guild committee (waived compensation); in September 2022 re-elected to 12-month role
  • Joined the Treasury Guild in November 2022 and have attended every meeting of Integrations Guild since then, as well
  • Engage constructively in daily Discord discussions, as well as Forum proposals and Snapshot votes
  • Authored this proposal for a Communications role (highlights some of my career background), this Marketing Guild budget request and this update to Council election process
  • Involved with crypto since 2013; worked at ConsenSys for several years and maintain a strong network in Web3

Additional
My Twitter profile/posts: https://twitter.com/Crypto_Socrates

(While I’m a fan of Ancient Greek writers and thinkers, I don’t claim to be the “crypto Socrates”; that was a handle I originally set for asking questions, but switched to it as my main account when I got locked out of my original.)

LinkedIn (not yet updated to reflect my current focus on Threshold instead of my former company): https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpackel/

7 Likes

Discord Name: LakeLaogai#0948

Delegate ETH Address: 0x45fEb606e27Fab677785e15762fAf0E3AC1C02eD

I am active enough in the DAO that I believe I can make informed decisions on the behalf of delegators.
I advocate for building the protocol’s treasury into a sustainable and independent entity as well as protecting the DAO’s credibly neutral platform.

I will vote accordingly with the goals above.

I confirm that:

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for any payment in tokens: Agree

• Experience on the Treasury Guild Committee
7 Likes

Discord Name: Evandro Saturnino#9833

Delegate ETH Address: 0x8122158AaabA26eA9e6fB3eD2dfe3fb6B4D9Bd32

As an active member of the Threshold community, I am deeply invested in the project’s mission, and I’ve held several roles within the DAO along the years, including an elected position in the Threshold Council last year, and Keep Network multi-sig member. Given my dedication and contributions to the community, I self-nominate for a position on the Threshold DAO delegates to continue my work towards supporting the network’s long-term vision.

My involvement with Threshold started through the KEEP Community, and I have been actively engaged with the project since its inception, participating in various on-chain events and DAO-wide activities. Through my experience, I have gained a comprehensive understanding of the project, community, and shared values that are central to Threshold’s long-term vision.

As a delegate, I will protect the DAO’s credibly neutral platform long-term vision. My voting decisions will reflect these goals, and I will make sure to post my reasoning on the forum to encourage constructive dialogue with the community. I am passionate about advancing privacy technologies and decentralized finance, which aligns with the Threshold network’s mission.

I confirm that:

ThresholdUSD front-end developer
Threshold Council on last year’s election
Keep Network Multi-sig
Keep Network moderator for more than a year
Founded the integration guild alongside with east, and some other members
ElasticDAO front-end developer
ElasticSwap front-end developer
CantoDEX front-end development participation
Some other projects which I can’t disclose right now, but am actively working as developer

7 Likes

Discord Name: Vict0r#7462

Delegate ETH Address: 0x1ba899530a89fab245de9ff6cc23534f4a8a4e58

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: I have been an active contributor since the NuCypher WorkLock (around Oct 2020) and have enjoyed watching and supporting the community grow. I am aware how much time goes into a proposal after writing TIP-35 & TIP-45. I am committed to Threshold’s long term success and will vote accordingly.

I confirm that: I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree

· Created docs for setting up NuCypher PRE on VPS for the community in 2020 which turned into a web-based guide after several iterations
· Integrations Guild Committee member
· Treasury Guild Committee member
· I currently also serve as Tech Support provider under IG oversight
· I have authored several proposals and generally read everything on the forum

10 Likes