Threshold DAO Delegates

Welcome to the Threshold DAO delegate thread!

This is the hub to nominate yourself to become a Threshold DAO delegate or to find quality Threshold DAO contributors to delegate your vote weight to :pray:

As always if you have any q’s hop into the Threshold discord server.

Reply to this forum post with the following information to get started as a Threshold DAO delegate:

Discord Name:

Delegate ETH Address:

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate:

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Threshold DAO and / or other web3 qualifications:

Additional Links (optional):

Check out the rest of this post for more information on Threshold DAO delegates :point_down:

What is a Threshold delegate?

A Threshold delegate is a DAO member who aligns strongly with the mission of the Threshold Network to leverage cryptographic tools that ensure full control of users’ digital assets.

Delegates provide ETH addresses that other Threshold token holders and Threshold stakers can delegate their vote weight to. This never involves the transferring or custody of assets but rather just the vote weight those assets represent in the Threshold DAO. Furthermore, vote weight can be redelegated at any time.

Delegates are responsible for voting on Threshold governance proposals with this vote weight that others have assigned to them.

Why do delegates exist?

Delegates exist because not everyone is able to fully commit to following Threshold governance and spending enough time considering every single DAO proposal. Allowing DAO members to delegate means they can still have an indirect say in the DAO, without having to be involved with day-to-day governance. Instead, they select active DAO members who have demonstrated solid commitment to Threshold to make decisions with their token weight and stake weight for them.

What do delegates do?

Delegates are volunteers who actively participate in Threshold governance and wish to grow their influence over key decisions in both the Threshold Token Holder DAO and the Threshold Staker DAO.

Delegates are expected to actively participate in all Threshold governance proposals while ensuring to make well researched and informed decisions.

Essentially, becoming a delegate means that other people are trusting your ability to make great on-chain decisions for the entire network.

Time commitment?

Voting on proposals is easy. Taking time to participate in governance discussion and ensure a proper understanding of what each proposal means… not as much.

Becoming a delegate does not require a hard time commitment to the DAO. For reference, so far there have been around 21 Threshold Improvement Proposals. The amount of time required is directly correlated to the amount of proposals that go through our on-chain governance system.

Compensation?

Delegates are volunteers, and there’s no established compensation for their contribution to governance.

If you are interested in earning T to help build the Threshold network check out our DAO guilds under the #daocontribute channel in our Discord server.

Who should be a delegate?

Anyone who understands the commitment to the DAO a delegate is making, is excited about Threshold governance and wants to directly grow their influence on the future of the network. This can be existing Threshold DAO contributors or members of other web3 communities.

To delegate liquid token vote weight, follow this guide from our DAO’s Notion hub.

To delegate staked token vote weight, follow this guide from our DAO’s Notion hub.

6 Likes

Discord Name: rskl#1210

Delegate ETH Address: 0xF9102e3B05eB6f26c300DF9e21BdD3f3B40D329B

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: Want to help and work in great project with coolest team.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree

Member of Synclab.team
Magic Ape School - Owner, founder
Tally - Moderator
Gro - Moderator
Pyth Data - Moderator
Overlay - Contributor
Iron Fish - Moderator
Hedgehog Markets - Ambassador
Mina Protocol - Winner of community challenge
Covalent - Ambassador
and more ambassador roles in other projects.

• GitHub: legalov · GitHub
  • Twitter : @btctalker
  • Discord : rskl#1210
  • Medium - @rskl.btc
    can’t add more than two links ;c
8 Likes

Discord Name: nous#4788

Delegate ETH Address: 0xbA9e2A5ae66a28CDfafdfF269d05ed46673DB8Db

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: I have a deep philosophical commitment to the principles and objectives of the Threshold DAO. I work as a consultant in the field of learning design and technology and have a background in computer science. I am a frequent contributor to the marketing guild and a current member of the marketing guild committee.

While I have a relatively solid high-level understanding of threshold cryptography and its potential within web three applications, my strong suit is not technical, and I would defer to others whom I respect on matters of technology. However, I have an extensive background in traditional governance: I am a Registered Parliamentarian, and am a board member of the Robert’s Rules Association—the body that publishes the standard rules for deliberative assemblies. One of my principal contributions as a delegate will be the ability to merge an understanding of traditional governance with the commitment to developing best practices for decentralization.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Member of the Threshold Marketing Guild Committee
dYdX: Grant recipient and contributor
Potion DAO: Contributor
Registered Parliamentarian

Educational videos I’ve created for Threshold DAO:

An Introduction to Threshold Network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MzE_FG67Z8&t=2s

Proxy Re-Encryption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn1zShgVI8&t=18s

tBTC on the Threshold Network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jnDtNQ_GEc

Staking T on the Threshold Network
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3sgSBA4izc

13 Likes

Discord Name: MrsNuBooty#0350

Delegate ETH Address: mrsnu.eth
0x4f1eFe177057DB679A7Cbe1cf92aCf2aD5B7aA74

Why I want to be a Threshold delegate: I have a strong commitment to the Threshold DAO and community. I started bridging the NuCypher and Keep Network communities in April of 2021 and have been a driving force of all community led initiatives. I currently lead the Threshold Marketing Guild and am an inaugural member of the Threshold Marketing Guild Committee.

While I am still learning more every day and might not be capable of forming the right conclusion independently, I have an acute ability to hear others and ask the right questions to make informed and educated decisions for the network. I am not afraid to send my favorite community members a line asking them to explain something to me like I’m 5. The great part is that our community is filled with people that will take the time out of their day to help others learn and grow.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

Threshold DAO and other web3 qualifications:

A leader of the Threshold Marketing Guild
A contributor to the Threshold Integrations Guild
An observer of the Threshold Treasury Guild
A TallyHo Corgi Pack Leader & Moderator

A few contributions I have made to the Threshold DAO:

Created various art for promoting Threshold
Staking Art Announcement
Twitter Launch Announcement
Twitter Launch Announcement v2
First 100 Threshold Wallets POAP
Celebrating Twitter Growth

Hosted various Threshold events:
The weekly T Party has been going on for 25 weeks now.
Creaton AMA
NuLink AMA

Written various content:
Merger update
Blog addressing inflation being halted

My all time fav governance conversation
Binance Learn & Earn 2.0 Funding

13 Likes

Discord Name:
jakelynch#0001

Delegate ETH Address:
0x8d855ac1c48C953D78B678dcc9b346C59a54DCC9

I have spilt blood, sweat and tears over Threshold. I know where the skeletons are buried and I know what it’ll take to make this mission succeed. In addition to that, I am a patron of the arts that believes in free speech, deep conversations, and walks on the beach.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation:
AGREE

AGREE

• Threshold DAO Council Member
  • Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Contributor (informal)

Other Stuff

• Paladin Delegate (go PAL!)
  • Spearbit DAO founder (go Spearbit!)
  • Boston DAO founder (go TBD!)

google is ur frend
@lakejynch on twitter

9 Likes

Wow, awesome submissions so far! So exciting to see our DAO continue to take shape and lead into the Web3 future.

6 Likes

Discord Name: ZeroInFo56#0404

Delegate ETH Address: 0x956a3999F4b9F9E4E46B96418121D4871082552A

I believe in the mission of Threshold and constantly direct my efforts to align with the goals/needs of the DAO. I am a dedicated contributor with the desire to see the DAO continue to grow and flourish, and the passion to make that happen. I do not take decisions lightly, and you can be assured that I will consider every proposal with the utmost care and attention before voting.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree

I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: Agree

Moderator for Nucypher/Threshold since 02/2021

10 Likes

Discord Name: benlongstaff#8729

Delegate ETH Address: 0x421A8400049f6d832c9234Ed5fdEedD195a4DAb5

I believe DAOs will eventually evolve to supplement governments in the future, experiential knowledge is valuable, this is why I spent a lot of time in the Threshold governance process.

I confirm that:

I have been involved with Keep Network as

• A contributor on the T2, T6 and rc0 merge proposals
  • Ran a node in Keep Network from Sept 2020 - Apr 2022
  • A member of the Keep Community Multisig
  • Governance Coordinator for Keep
  • PfK winner

In the Threshold Network I have been involved as

• Elected member of the Threshold Council.
  • Funded by the DAO to build the smart contracts for Threshold USD.
  • Member of the Treasury Guild.
  • Setting up the snapshot + authoring various proposals for the Treasury.
  • Moderator in Threshold Discord.
8 Likes

Discord Name: CouchPusher#2296

Delegate ETH Address: 0x8AA5B801FCF6d9b40eC7B8EAA4364aD26916760F

I’ve been an active member in both the integrations and treasury guilds for the Threshold DAO. I have a great working relationship with the entire team and I continue to love working on building out this protocol with the Threshold community. I was a legacy Nucypher node staker starting in 2020 and am excited to help the DAO buidl with the rest of the team.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: AGREE
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: AGREE

Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Committee member
Threshold DAO Integrations Guild Committee member

Twitter handle: @CouchPusherino

7 Likes

Discord Name: East#8544

Delegate ETH Address: 0x78270a2733b83f7f57c4a51ff2a73e301c2f9406

I’ve been around and really active since before Defi Summer '20, first in Keep Community and now in Threshold Community. I love being part of the evolution of cryptographic tools applied to decentralization and individual privacy protection. And I consider that appropriate decision-making is as important as continuous collaboration in other areas.

Definitely thrilled to cooperate in Threshold DAO becoming the leading example of healthy and flourishing decentralized organizations.

I confirm that:

I’m willing and able to participate in governance of the upcoming DAO. I understand this is an ongoing role that requires active participation: AGREE
I understand that delegates are unpaid volunteers. Being a delegate does not qualify me for immediate payment in tokens: AGREE

• Threshold DAO elected Council Member
  • Threshold DAO Treasury Guild Committee member
  • Threshold DAO Integrations Guild Committee member
  • Moderator in Keep and Threshold Discord
  • Keep PfK winner
  • Extensive list of marketing and governance contributions

Other Stuff

• Tally Ho Moderator, Integrations & DAO design collaborator, Delegate and Multisig member
  • Defi researcher, awesome asado maker and slow Solidity learner

@eastban120 on twitter

6 Likes