GP-035 Threshold Marketing Guild Nominations Election - Epoch 5, 2024

Hello Threshold community!

Following the procedure stated in GP-11 / TIP-031 2 regulating the Guild Committee Elections and Nominations, we open the nominations for the elections of the Marketing Guild Committee Members.

This forum post is delayed respect to the other guilds due to discussions in the DAO regarding the need to re-structure this committee. However, we can proceed to nominate our candidates for this elections and continue conversations with the guild committee to decide on its shape.

Thus, in this 5th epoch we tentatively vote 4 seats. These 4 seats correspond to the members that were elected in February 2023 elections , i.e., @ZeroInFo56, @beemeeupnow, @Colbosky and @nico186. For a complete review of the elections timelines, number of seats and community members elected, see this Notion space.

The MG seats are currently held by community members:

We encourage everyone to participate and provide their nominations, any DAO member can be nominated for an upcoming guild committee seat, including self-nominations. Bear in mind that a person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.

Focus of our Marketing Guild

The Threshold Marketing Guild is responsible for general Threshold marketing across services, growing our network of contributors, onboarding new members to the Threshold DAO, educating people about the Threshold’s value, services and use cases, and more.

Timeline for the Elections

1. January 18th - February 11th - Nomination period, where you can nominate yourself or nominate another member of the community by replying to this forum post.
  2. February 12th, 3pm ET - Community Call to meet our nominees. We have traditionally held a call to meet our nominees and allow them to introduce themselves to the community and explain why they are running for our guilds. This time, we will make use of this allotted time in the case we have new candidates participating.
  3. February 12th - February 18th - Snapshot vote.
  4. February 19th - February 29th - Transition period.
  5. March 1st, 2024 - The new term starts for the elected members, which will serve 1-year term: March 1st 2024 - February 28th 2025.

What do I need to become a Threshold Network Guild Committee Member?

Becoming a committee member would be easy and smooth, the elections of the guilds are staggered, thus you will have a good onboarding experience led by your peers. To be part of our guilds, we request our members to own a hardware wallet. While prior knowledge and experience with multisigs on mainnet, L2’s, and Solana/Base networks are beneficial, they are not mandatory.

If you have any questions join us on Discord and ask away!

1 Like

I would like to nominate @nico186

3 Likes

I nominate myself for this position.

Twitter: @shelleymaeph

Background:

Remember the early days of Axie Infinity, when the possibilities of web3 felt endless? That’s where my story begins. I wasn’t just a gamer; I was a believer. I devoured every scrap of information, explored every dapp, and immersed myself in the community. It was there that the seed of creation blossomed within me. I started creating content – articles, videos, guides – anything I could to share my passion and help others navigate this exciting new world.

But web3 is more than just technology; it’s about collaboration, about building something together. That’s why DAOs like Threshold Network resonate so deeply with me. I’ve seen firsthand the power of collective action, the way communities can come together to achieve incredible things. And I know, in my bones, that Threshold has the potential to be something truly special.

But potential isn’t enough. We need to ignite it. We need to inject this server with a vibrant energy, a sense of community that draws people in and keeps them coming back. That’s where my marketing skills come in.

I’m not just talking about creating flashy campaigns or churning out endless tweets. I’m talking about storytelling. I want to capture the essence of Threshold, the vision, the values, and weave it into every interaction. I want to build relationships, forge partnerships, and create a network of synergy that propels Threshold to the forefront of the web3 revolution.

And I have the tools to do it. My day-to-day life is steeped in web3. I know the players, the projects, the pulse of the community. These connections aren’t just names; they’re bridges, pathways to collaboration and growth. I’m confident I can leverage these relationships to secure partnerships that benefit Threshold in ways we can’t even imagine yet.

This isn’t just about a marketing role; it’s about a calling. I believe in Threshold. I believe in the power of community. And I believe I have the skills, the experience, and the unwavering dedication to make Threshold the vibrant, thriving hub it deserves to be.

So, when you cast your vote, I urge you to consider this: do you want a marketing champion who simply checks boxes and follows orders? Or do you want someone who bleeds web3, who understands the community’s heartbeat, and who is willing to go the extra mile to make Threshold a beacon of innovation and collaboration?

Choose passion. Choose vision. Choose a champion who will fight for Threshold’s future, tooth and nail. Choose me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I second the nomination of @nico186 and would like to further nominate @beemeeupnow for a position with the marketing guild.

3 Likes

I am nominating @Gorkem for a spot on the mgc.

4 Likes

I’d second @Will in nominating @Gorkem, and I would withhold myself from getting renominated. Having a member of the Thesis team would be very helpful.

3 Likes

I second this, as well. Gorkem would be an excellent addition to the committee, bringing action-oriented expertise we need.

Also, we just posted TIP-073, and given the call there for Keep and NuCypher representatives to provide additional input, and Gorkem being the point person, it would be helpful to have his input on the committee.

2 Likes

Thank you, I accept the nomination.

Also hope to see @Gorkem accept here as well!

4 Likes

Thank you for the nomination @Will and for your support @MrsNuBooty & @JohnPackel. I accept the nomination.

4 Likes

Thank you Beem and Victor, I have greatly enjoyed my time in working with the Marketing Guild and am very pleased to accept this nomination.

5 Likes

I would like to nominate @the_egg1 for a seat on the Marketing Guild Committee.

Egg is a long-standing member of the community, with a deep knowledge of our products, a history of attending MG meetings, and attending conferences to lend support to the Guild/DAO.
I believe he would be a valuable addition to the committee for the year ahead.

1 Like

Thank you for you kind words.

I happily accept the nomination.

2 Likes

I would further like to nominate @Nous to a seat on the MGC, Nous is an inaugural member of the committee, he also served on the Rules Committee and helped to draft and establish many of our standard practices and procedures.

3 Likes

Thank you @ZeroInFo56. I have not been involved for the last year, but would be happy to reengage with the marketing guild. I’m sure I can quickly get back up to speed and make a meaningful contribution.

6 Likes

Congratulations everyone! We have the results for the MG Snapshot vote and we have our candidates selected:

Results:
nous: 118M T - 23.01% Elected
nico186: 118M T - 22.82% Elected
beemeeupnow: 116M T - 22.47% Elected
gorkem: 83M T - 16.09% Elected
the_egg: 71M T - 13.8%
smph: 9.4M T - 1.82%

@Nous, @nico186, @beemeeupnow and @Gorkem, welcome to the Threshold Marketing Guild!!
All elected members will be able to serve a 1-year term spanning March 1st 2024 - February 28th 2025.

We request all our committee members that they have a hardware wallet for the committee addresses. We also need that you provide your ETH addresses to add you to the MG multisig and also a payment address (that can be the same or different as the signing address) as responses to this forum post.

Resulting Committee Members and Addresses:
@Nous - 0xA9c87557461Bac854B8cF5ef862d1CE2ba329ec7
@nico186 -
@beemeeupnow -

• Signing address: 0xecd9eac7ff3be2cfe6f52e58b8ef1e712680c61a
  • Payment address: 0xa05b26f366035f4a797c12cbc23b87633f353337

@Gorkem - 0x1AB9765dd17242a8C7Bdd321546e44Bb00528296

1 Like

Welcome, @Gorkem, welcome back, @Nous! And thank you for your continued contributions, @nico186 & @beemeeupnow.

It’s a very exciting time for Threshold, the DAO and our marketing function. :rocket:

2 Likes