Threshold Council Election Nominations - Second Epoch

Ah, @nico186, ya beat me to it! Well, allow me the honor of seconding the nomination of Ashley to the Council. These are among the reasons I believe “MrsNuBooty” would be an excellent addition:

• A while back I started referring to Ashley as the heart of the Marketing Guild; then I realized she’s also the heart of the Threshold community

• This is because Ash is a tireless and passionate advocate for everything Threshold, as well the values of decentralization, transparency and empowerment

• Ashley is a Threshold “OG” community member, going back to NuCypher (on a media call today she described “elbowing my way into the conversation” because she felt compelled to help tell the story)

• She is a positive and helpful voice everywhere Threshold is being promoted and discussed: Twitter, Discord, Notion, YouTube, emerging Web3 platforms, etc.

• As a result of this non-stop activity (and thoughtfulness), Ashley would bring to Council discussions and decisions the “voice of the customer/community”

• Ashley is very smart, learns quickly and is always looking to learn more; any role relevant knowledge she lacks now, I’m confident she’ll seek out and learn from the best

• The hive-mind knows: Ashley is one of the top Threshold delegates for these reasons

On a personal note, I’ve worked alongside Ash for more than a year, including helping start the guilds, continually iterating on the Marketing Guild’s model and laboring to increase participation and enhance the experience in discord, on community calls, etc. Literally every day (not just week days) Ashley has several creative ideas for new things we can try and ways we can improve.

So it’s no stretch to say that I would not be as actively involved in Threshold as I am if not for Ashley’s and others’ commitment. I believe that’s true for others, as well. It’s inspiring, and I’m grateful.

John

6 Likes

I would like to nominate @sap.

He was a participant in the NuCypher Worklock and has recently joined the treasury guild. While he is a new contributor to the community I can vouch for his integrity and ethics.

5 Likes

Hello all,
Please note that TIP-044 Snapshot has passed, therefore we have a new schedule and terms for the Council elections.

Therefore, here are the key items and dates needed to take into account in the near future:

• Council term is extended by 2 months for the 6 current Council members who are able to stay beyond December 31st 2022.
  • We host a Meet & Greet call in our Discord voice channel on Tuesday December 20th, 3pm ET for our Threshold Council Nominees.
  • December election for the Council: 3 seats open. A Snapshot vote will be created December 20th after the Meet & Greet call, to select 3 nominees as new members of the Council. This vote will be open for 5 days.
  • Staggered election: February 2023 we vote for the remaining 6 Council seats (who will serve March 2023 - February 2024).

I would like to invite all nominees to the Meet & Greet call, please let us know if you have problems joining the server, so we can devise another means of communication.

2 Likes

I second the nomination of @sap. In my work with him on the Treasury Guild I’ve found him to be a very positive contributor, and his profession background in financial and crypto accounting and tax seems quite beneficial to the Council.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the nomination and supportive words @ben and @JohnPackel, and I would like to formally accept the nomination to the Threshold Council.

I strongly believe in the decentralised ethos. I commit to upholding the integrity of the Council and working towards the betterment of Threshold and its participants.

As mentioned, I recently joined the Treasury Guild, where my role is to assist financial reporting for the DAO.

I have been involved in the blockchain industry since early 2017 and was a successful participant in NuCypher’s Worklock bootstrapping. I am familiar with DeFi protocols such as Curve, Uniswap, Balancer, MakerDAO and Liquity, and I have studied computer science.

I also have strong experience in crypto financial reporting, with knowledge of DeFi data, yield mechanisms, and business operations.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to the meet-and-greet on Tuesday.

4 Likes

I would like to accept the glowing nominations @JohnPackel and @nico186 have both given and run for a seat on the Threshold Council.

I have been a dedicated contributor to the Threshold community first helping to form and then serving on the Marketing Guild Committee. If elected, I would continue to show the same dedication.

As a council member, I would take it as my duty to represent everyone in our community. I want you all to have a voice on the council. I hope that together we can continue to improve Threshold by listening to your feedback and making sure it is heard by those making important decisions.

I am honored to have been nominated by two such amazing contributors and look forward to continuing to help the community grow and thrive.

4 Likes

@Mr_T I would like to check if you have been able to join the Discord server to participate in the meet & greet later today.

2 Likes

Hello all,

I would like to bring this nomination to the correct thread. Our community member @nico186 nominated himself for the Threshold Council, but the post was relocated to other thread due to a confusion.

I would like to take advantage of this post to show my support for all Council nominees. Thank you very much for your support to our community.

Additionally, a reminder to everyone, the nomination period is still open and will be open until the Meet and Greet call that is taking place today, December 20th, 3pm ET at our Discord voice channel.

We can participate in a meet & greet via text (not voice), but we’ve been unable to bypass Discord’s platform level phone verification requirement. We will have to purchase a SIM card, but that’s not something we’ll be able to do in time for today.

Thank you for the efforts, we appreciate that you join the Discord server, there we develop the main part of our work.
For the meet & greet call later today, do you want us to give us a text to further explain your candidacy? We can provide it to our host to read it when we present you. Otherwise your forum nomination will be read.

Please use our forum nomination post and proposed TIPs for this purpose.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, @Luna5. I agree it makes sense to continue nominations up to the meet & greet.

On that note, I’d like to nominate @ZeroInFo56 (Benjamin). I’ve worked closely with Ben this year on the Marketing Guild Committee and even had the opportunity to meet him in person when he traveled to New York for a hackathon that a number of the NuCypher team were participating in (Ben comes to Threshold via the Nu community going back at least 2 years).

In addition to trusting Ben’s judgement on critical issues the Council may need to address (its backstop function), in his roles on the Marketing and Integrations Guilds he’s demonstrated proficiency in managing operations like MG’s accounting, budget work for both and outreach to potential partners.

2 Likes

Thank you John, I would like to formally accept my nomination.

3 Likes

I would like to second this nomination. I have worked with Ben on the MG and greatly enjoy his input. He is extremely dedicated to advancing the DAO and think he would make a great addition to the Council.

1 Like

Than you @Luna5 I appreciate this post, I had erroneously written to the wrong Forum thread.

1 Like

Hi @Mr_T will you be able to participate in the Council’s Telegram chat if elected? I just realized that Telegram also requires a phone number and this could create an obstacle in your participation. Any comments would be helpful to me personally before I participate in the Snapshot. Thank you!

1 Like

We can participate in the Council telegram chat, yes.

2 Likes

2 days left to participate: Snapshot

A quick reminder that this Snapshot was mistakenly setup for Quadratic Voting instead of Weighted Voting and the results are being manually tallied.

Current results are as follows:

MrsNuBooty 157009638

JP 147025416

ZeroInFo56 103165244

sap 77672033

the_egg1 51172251

Nico 27477253

Mr_T 1596987

2 Likes

Here is my signing HW wallet address:

0x73fC77C33fB91389E480A8816315Df05331A2E48

My signing HW address: