Threshold Council Election Nominations - Second Epoch

0x739730cCb2a34cc83D3e30645002C52bA4B06167

Snapshot closed Dec 26. We manually tallied the votes and the final results indicate:

Candidate Number of votes (Million T)
@Mr_T 1,59848148
@the_egg1 51,1772765
@JP1 147,2785968
@sap 271,412341
@MrsNuBooty 157,2653699
@nico186 27,47859589
@ZeroInFo56 103,1706361

Therefore, congratulations :slight_smile: @sap @MrsNuBooty and @JP1 welcome to the Threshold Council.

The term will extend from Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2023. Addresses and Telegram handles are collected to join the multisig and the telegram group.

Signing addresses from the Council members:
@MrsNuBooty - 0x739730cCb2a34cc83D3e30645002C52bA4B06167
@sap - 0xcE3778528fC73D46685069D455bbCcE16A6e22Af
@JP1 - 0x73fC77C33fB91389E480A8816315Df05331A2E48

3 Likes

Dear Threshold Community!

We have reached our first milestone in this second epoch for the Threshold Council. Our three new members have successfully onboarded with the Council, and we are ready to launch the second vote for this staggered elections.

As a reminder, the Threshold Council is composed of 9 seats:

• Three seats have been voted December 2022, and the Council members will serve January 2023 -December 2023.
  • The remaining 6 seats are now going to be voted, where the elected Council members will serve March 2023 - February 2024.

Nominations and Timeline:
Current rules for the Council Elections are gathered in TIP-02. Additional rules and agreements are present above in this forum thread, and in TIP-044 approved proposal. According to the previous information, we outline this timeline for the second part of this election:

1. February 6th - February 24th - Nomination period, where you can nominate yourself or nominate another member of the community by replying to this forum post. The nomination post can include a quick introduction, your involvement in our community so far, other relevant web3 background info and reasons why you want to participate in the Threshold Council. Self-nominations are preferred for this, however, if you intend to nominate another member of the DAO, please consult them privately first to verify their intent to run. A person who is nominated by another member must confirm their intent to be a candidate.
  2. February 24th, 11am ET - Community Call to meet our nominees. Part of the call agenda includes an opportunity for any one to introduce themselves to the community and explain why they are running for council.
  3. February 24th - February 28th - Snapshot vote. This will allow our community members to elect the new Threshold Council members.
  4. March 1st, 2023 - The new term starts for the Threshold Council.

FAQ:

What happens if there are not enough nominees?
Due to the need for solid security in the Threshold Council, the 9 seats should be filled. In the event that not all seats are filled by the voting process, the current Threshold Council will take a decision to address this problem in the transition period.

What happens if there is a tie?
In the case of a tie, there shall be a run-off vote in the transition period.

What happens in the case of a resignation or a termination?
In the case of a resignation or termination, the Threshold Council will nominate and vote on a replacement for the remainder of the vacant term. There are no term limits for council members.

Members of the Threshold Council will play an important role in governing the protocol. Make sure you fully understand the responsibilities of the Threshold Council before nominating yourself or someone else. If you have any questions join us on Discord and ask away!

6 Likes

I would like to nominate @derek , @Luna5 , @Will , @LakeLaogai and @Eastban for seats on the council.

1 Like

Thanks @ZeroInFo56, I am truly grateful for the nomination to the Council, but I respectfully decline the nomination this time. I am 100% committed to support the Threshold Council and I am aware of how crucial this body is for the good functioning of our DAO. I would like to be very conscious of my responsibilities and this term I don’t feel I can onboard the extra hours required to be a valuable contributor to the Threshold Council.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

for the previous elections, we received very valuable nominations for community members and also from current Council members willing to extend their stay in the Threshold Council.

I would be very grateful if @Mr_T @the_egg1 @michwill @fjarri @nico186 @ZeroInFo56 would confirm their nominations for this term.

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Can confirm readiness from my side!

8 Likes

Thanks for the nomination for a second term to the Threshold Council, but I have to respectfully decline.

I have enjoyed my time on the Threshold Council from its inception at end of 2021; amazing that 14 months have passed! It has been great to work with other Council members and quite a learning experience.

When I accepted my first nomination to the Council, my intention was never to remain on the Council for a prolonged period of time, but rather to help get it off the ground, and establish policies and procedures for it to function smoothly for the long-term in service of the DAO.

Thus far, the Council has helped to facilitate an effective DAO with guilds, ongoing contributors, an amazing community, protocol-owned liquidity, the launch of PRE and tBTC v2 etc. The ~278 txs in the Council multisig (:exploding_head:) is a testament to the efforts of the entire Council in the advancement of those DAO efforts.

At this juncture, the DAO is performing well, and it is a good time for me to step down from the Council. The time commitments necessary for effective participation in the Council are great, and I would like to turn the majority of my attention toward the development and launch of Conditions-Based Decryption (CBD) as another pillar of Threshold Access Control. CBD is an exciting addition to the offerings on the Threshold Network, one that I believe will provide great value to web3 developers.

As always, even though I will no longer be on the Council, I will continue to engage with the Council as needed.

10 Likes

Thanks @ZeroInFo56 for the nomination! I served the council for 14 months, it has been a really interesting and educating experience. But I must decline. I believe that the council should have new members, a healthy rotation adds up to a better and more decentralized network.
However, as a member of the TTG I’m more than happy to be permanently available to help in the setting up and execution of the tasks and transactions related to the council.

6 Likes

Thank you, Luna, I will confirm acceptance of my nomination.

5 Likes

I don’t see anyone having nominated me, but to save time I accept in advance in case anyone does :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would like to nominate Bogdan, as well as @ben for another tenure on the council.

5 Likes

I agree with East that the council should have a healthy rotation. I am happy to serve for another epoch if needed, but encourage voters to consider this.

8 Likes

At the moment, we have less confirmed nominations than there are seats up for filling.

I would like to nominate @Agoristen, @JohnPackel, @Mr_T , and @FeelsdadmanK

2 Likes

I’m happy to accept this nomination. My background is in digital marketing and communications, originally for professional associations with a small association management firm, which is experience that I think has a lot of relevance in terms of DAO / volunteer governance.

I’ve followed the Threshold Network since its inception but haven’t been an active participant until recently. I was originally as a member of the Nucypher discord community since early 2021 I believe - I was working with some healthcare groups at the time so I was so attracted to the potential for blockchain, specifically with a critical PRE / threshold access control layer, for electronic health records. I still see it as the quintessential use case for this tech where privacy and ownership over your data is so obviously important while being able to share that data provides the individual with so much value. (This is coming from the United States btw where our EHRs are a shambles.) I’ll note, on a philosophical level, I think privacy and ownership over your data are important in all cases, but I just think this example is particularly illustrative for lay persons.

Anyway - thank you for the nomination - I hope that I can contribute to the awesome work of this network.

5 Likes

Thank you very much Luna, I am honored to have your nomination. I formally accept.

3 Likes

Thank you for the nomination, @ZeroInFo56. I appreciate your confidence based on our work together over the last year.

I had been planning to decline in order to focus on my Marketing and Treasury Guild responsibilities; however, I feel strongly that given the backstop/veto function the Council provides, it’s important to have more nominees than open seats.

Given this is the last day of nominations, I will accept.

I believe my long-time contributions to Threshold (see my post offering to be a delegate here: Threshold DAO Delegates - #17 by JohnPackel) would provide a valuable perspective.

I also see an opportunity to provide the DAO more visibility into Council activities and their importance, so if elected I would work on that with other members.

5 Likes

We are available for the Council, yes.

4 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation Mr_T.

The meet & greet meeting has just ended, however, as the Snapshot has not been submitted yet, and the nomination was proposed the fist part of this staggered election, I believe we can include you as candidate for this term as well. Thank you for contributing!

3 Likes

Congratulations to @michwill @JohnPackel @fjarri @jakelynch @nico186 and @ZeroInFo56

5 Likes